About Me

My Photo
A Gateway to Cultures Through Food

It is our mission as international ambassadors to forge the gateway between
the Chinese-American community and the rest of the world through culinary arts and cultural exploration.

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

CiCi’s favorite coffee spots in NYC

There are 5 basic tastes in food: sweetness, bitterness, sourness, saltiness, and umami. Every taste is there for a reason. I enjoyed every one of them. Today, I want to talk about the very flavorful bitterness in coffee… and of course, my favorite coffee spots in NYC.

Blue Bottle Coffee
Kyoto Style Iced Drip Coffee

160 Berry St
Brooklyn, New York
(718) 534-5488

Kyoto Style Iced Drip Coffee is made one cup at a time using flannel filters in slow drippers that imported from Japan. It takes 12 hours to make 1 cup, approximately 88 drops per minute. I like to drink it just the way it is, without milk or sugar. It’s strong, bitter, smoky, and with a hint of berries. It tastes very much like whiskey. Just couple sips will sure wake you up. I’m in love with it ever since. For my Blue Bottle Coffee video please CLICK HERE.

Mug
Mocha

446 East 13 St
New York, NY 10009
(646) 746-1357

This place’s mocha reminds me of life... What is life all about? It’s unpredicted. It’s a combination of bitter and sweet. Amazing huh? Yep! In one single cup, you will taste the flavorful bitterness of espresso and the sweetness of chocolate. Every sip has a different combination. The mocha there always cheers me up.

Stumptown Coffee Roasters
Latte

20 West 29th St,
New York, NY 10001
(212) 679-2222

This place is near my office, so I go there quiet often. I usually order a large cup of hot latte to go. It has a bit of sweet and creamy, floral, nutty, and chocolaty taste. It’s perfect for this cold weather and usually takes away most of my worries!

Abraco
Latte

86 E 7th St
New York, NY
(212) 388-9731

This is my favorite place for hot latte. The ratio of milk and espresso is perfect. The taste is just a bit stronger than Stumptown-- rich, creamy, and very smooth. I drink it without sugar because I don’t want to destroy the taste that is already perfect.

Lavazza Café
Bicerin

200 5th Ave
New York, NY 10010
(646) 398-5100

It’s inside the Eataly. I really like the environment there. It makes me feel like I’m somewhere else then NYC – perhaps, Italy. This place has one of my new favorite drinks. It’s a cup of Bicerin, but it doesn’t really taste like coffee. It tastes more like a cup of hot coffee. It’s so smooth, sweet, with a hence of the nutty taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment